VOLUNTEER FOR US
Working Together – Group Volunteer Opportunities at The Children’s Home of Lubbock
The Children’s Home of Lubbock’s mission is to care for children and families in crisis. On any given day, some 80 children live on the campus. About 50 other children are in foster homes. The campus, like any small community, has numerous jobs that must be done to keep things running smoothly.
Volunteers and volunteer groups assist with daily tasks, special events, big projects, or by simply giving extra attention to the children. This is accomplished through hands-on work, prayers for our children, charity drives or other financial support.
Won’t you consider bringing a group to help serve the children, and let them see the love of God through your acts of kindness?
What You Can Do
- Plan a party or special play day for the children.
- Help with holiday celebrations on campus.
- Assist with teen devotionals on Monday evenings.
- Assist with independent living skills programs for our older teens.
- Help with workday projects including yard-work, work on the farm, cleaning or painting.
- Sponsor a collection drive or coordinate fundraising at your church.
- Assist with fundraisers and special events on campus.
- Assist with the summer program, particularly for younger children.
- Talk to us about your own ideas of ways to serve our children.
- Provide desserts for all of the cottages.
- Sponsor a cottage for birthday celebrations for a year.
- Sponsor kids for camps or other youth activities.
- Sponsor a cottage for Christmas.
- Assist with babysitting for houseparent’s children during training sessions.
- Sponsor a trip to your community or host a cottage vacation.
- Support our efforts to find Christian families to foster or adopt children in need.
Who Can Serve?
Any age group is welcomed. Keep in mind that children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by adults. We try to limit the size of groups that work directly with the children to a number that does not overwhelm them. Larger groups may be asked to do large physical projects or may be divided into smaller work assignments.
How about Mission Trips or Extended Stays?
Groups that want to provide on-going service for a several days or a week are welcomed! Remember that, since we don’t have space to accommodate overnight stays, groups from outside the local area will be required to secure their own housing off-campus.
Want to Know More?
The Children’s Home of Lubbock is located one mile outside the east loop, on the Idalou Highway (Highway 62/82). Visitors are always welcome. We encourage you to call ahead to arrange a tour of the campus.
For information about Volunteering at The Children’s Home of Lubbock, contact:
The Children’s Home of Lubbock
Jack Noles, Program Director Child Care, ext. 247 email
Kerry Michaels, Volunteer Engagement Coordinator, ext. 237 email
“Manifesting Christ through excellence in child care.”
“Working in creative collaboration to provide quality care that transforms the lives of at-risk children and their families through the active compassion of Christ.”
4404 Idalou Rd.
Lubbock, TX 79403
The Children's Home of Lubbock
P.O. Box 2824
Lubbock, TX 79408