All employees are required to be a minimum of 21 years of age (per State contract requirements), have a clean driving record, have a valid Texas driver’s license, meet the requirements of licensing standards in regards to a criminal background check, be physically, mentally and emotionally capable of performing assigned tasks, and have the skills necessary to perform assigned tasks.
An Employment Application is available for download. The application, along with an Affidavit for Applicant, are both required and may be returned to The Children’s Home by mail or fax:
Human Resources Email: contact us by email
The Children’s Home of Lubbock
Phone: (806) 762-0481
Fax: (806) 767-0571
P.O. Box 2824
Lubbock TX 79408
Functional Title: Child Care Worker
Reports to: Unit Director
Primary Function: Provide basic physical needs and emotional security for children in care by adhering to all Sanctuary Standards.
Essential Functions: Deliver services and implement programs designed to meet the physical, developmental and emotional needs of children. Ensure continuity of care for children by sharing with incoming caregivers or relief caregiver’s information about each child’s activities during the previous shift and any verbal or written information or instructions given by the managing conservator or other professionals. Learn and commit to the implementation of licensing, level of care and Council on Accreditation (COA) standards as well as the policies and procedures of The Children’s Home of Lubbock.
Description of Duties:
- Organize and supervise daily cottage activities and care of children assigned.
- Observe and chart behavior and progress of goals on a daily basis.
- Assist children in learning basic skills of daily living.
- May provide or arrange transportation to and from various appointments for the children in care.
- May prepare nutritional meals (and documentation of such) according to approved mean plans and posted menus.
- Assess clothing and hygiene needs of children in care and work with the assessment team to meet these needs.
- Work with the assessment team to identify and secure services from other professionals as needed.
- Retain, dispense and document medication and dosage dispensed as stated on the label for non-prescription medication and according to physician’s instructions for prescription medication.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, write and communicate with co-workers, medical personnel and other persons collaborative to care for the child’s needs.
- Have a Valid Texas Driver’s License.
- Exhibit behavior and health status that does not present a danger to children in care.
- Meet the requirements of licensing standards in regards to a criminal background check.
- Have a record of tuberculosis screening showing the employee is free of contagious TB.
- Be physically, mentally and emotionally capable of performing assigned tasks and have the skills necessary to perform assigned tasks.
- Commit to the seven values of Sanctuary: Non-Violence, Emotional Intelligence, Social Learning, Democracy, Open
- Communication, Social Responsibility, and Growth and Change.
- Complete a notarized Licensing Affidavit for Applicants for Employment form.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalency.
- A minimum of 2 years of college preferred.
- One year of experience with emotionally troubled children is a plus.
Child Care Workers’ schedules vary widely. We can be flexible with scheduling to work with class schedules. Benefits are available for full-time employees.
Position: Commissary Assistant
Supervisor: Reports to the Commissary Supervisor
Position Purpose: To assist, as needed, in maintaining the cleanliness, operation and efficiency of the commissary.
- Receive and log donations
- Sort, clean, repair and display clothing items
- Help cottage staff distribute clothing or household items to kids
- Keep record of dispensed items
- Assist in purchase of food as assigned
- Assist in filling grocery and household item orders
- Keep all floors (including cooler & freezer) swept and mopped;
- Wax as needed
- Empty trash daily; clean restroom and kitchen; clean and stock shelves
- Attend mandatory training on the Performance Quality Improvement (PQI) process and participate as a team member.
- Complete all Basic Sanctuary training.
- Provide a safe environment by adhering to all Sanctuary standards.
- Address problems with team members using the SELF model as taught in Sanctuary.
- Demonstrate cultural sensitivity to clients of any ethnic, race or socio-economic group.
- Demonstrate competency, prudent judgment and self-control in the presence of children and when performing assigned responsibilities.
- Report suspected abuse, neglect and exploitation to the Child Abuse Hotline and to the designated employee or administrator.
- Know and comply with applicable licensing rules and any other applicable laws.
- Commit to the seven values of Sanctuary: Non-violence, Emotional Intelligence, Social Learning, Democracy, Open Communication, Social Responsibility, and Grown and Change
- Perform other various tasks as assigned by the Commissary Supervisor.
- High School Diploma or GED
“Manifesting Christ through excellence in child care.”
“Working in creative collaboration to provide quality care that transforms the lives of at-risk children and their families through the active compassion of Christ.”
4404 Idalou Rd.
Lubbock, TX 79403
The Children’s Home of Lubbock
P.O. Box 2824
Lubbock, TX 79408