It is our mission to nurture the effective management of human resources by developing policies and compliance practices that align with the values of Sanctuary and by recruiting individuals equipped to changing the lives of children in need.
Positions currently open for application:
Education Recreation Staff (Click For Details)
Position: Education Recreation Staff
Position Summary: Staff of the Education / Recreation Unit will provide supervision for children who attend activities at the Mabee Activity Center, the Boverie Pool, the Tatum Skill Center and the Heath-Roberson Learning Center. They assist with the planning and implementation of educational tutoring and recreational activities that support the over-all program of care at the Children’s Home of Lubbock.
- High school graduate, with at least two years of college preferred in the fields of Education, Bible, Kine, Social Work or other related fields
- A minimum of three references attesting to the high moral character of the candidate and his / her ability to serve as a role model for the children.
Child Care Worker (Click For Details)
Position: Child Care Worker
Position Purpose:Provide direct care, work with the treatment team, and implement programs designed to meet the physical, developmental, and emotional needs of children.
- High School Diploma or GED with at least two years of college with one year of experience with emotionally troubled children.
Awake Overnight Relief Staff Worker (Click For Details)
Position: Awake Overnight Relief Staff Worker
Type: Full-Time and Part-Time positions available
Position Purpose: Work as awake overnight child care worker to provide monitoring of sleeping children and light house cleaning
- High School Diploma or GED with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Ability to apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills and make decisions while working within set policies and internal practices. Experience in child care related areas working with emotionally traumatized children is preferred by not required.
- Position requires light to moderate work with 50 pounds maximum weight to lift and carry. Position also requires reaching, bending, stooping, and handling objects with hands and/or fingers, talking and/or hearing, and seeing.
House Parents (Click For Details)
Position: House Parents
Position Purpose: Provide direct care, work with the treatment team, and implement programs designed to meet the physical, developmental, and emotional needs of children.
- High School Diploma or GED. At least two years of college with one year of experience with emotionally troubled children.
- A minimum of three references attesting to the high moral character of the candidate and his/her ability to serve as a role model for children.
Apply below or in-person at: 4404 Idalou Road, Lubbock, TX
Qualified Candidates must:
- Be at least 21 years of age (per State contract requirements)
- Meet licensing standards in regard to drug testing, a physical, tuberculosis screening, fingerprinting/criminal background check.
To complete the application process, you must download and complete the pre-employment affidavit. Once the form is complete, email it to Debbie Sanchez at [email protected] or fax to 806-767-0571 or mail it to P.O. Box 2824, Lubbock, TX 79408.
Full-Time employees are eligible for medical coverage options, dental, EAP, life and long term disability, 401(k), paid holidays, paid time off for vacation and sick, wellness, self-care, and recognition programs.
Thank you for interest in employment opportunities with The Children’s Home of Lubbock.
“Manifesting Christ through excellence in child care.”
“Working in creative collaboration to provide quality care that transforms the lives of at-risk children and their families through the active compassion of Christ.”
4404 Idalou Rd.
Lubbock, TX 79403
The Children’s Home of Lubbock
P.O. Box 2824
Lubbock, TX 79408