It is our mission to nurture the effective management of human resources by developing policies and compliance practices that align with the values of Sanctuary and by recruiting individuals equipped to changing the lives of children in need.
Positions currently open for application:
Education Recreation Staff (Click For Details)
Position: Education Recreation Staff
Position Summary: Staff of the Education / Recreation Unit will provide supervision for children who attend activities at the Mabee Activity Center, the Boverie Pool, the Tatum Skill Center and the Heath-Roberson Learning Center. They assist with the planning and implementation of educational tutoring and recreational activities that support the over-all program of care at the Children’s Home of Lubbock.
- High school graduate, with at least two years of college preferred in the fields of Education, Bible, Kine, Social Work or other related fields
- A minimum of three references attesting to the high moral character of the candidate and his / her ability to serve as a role model for the children.
Transitional Living for Boys – Direct Care Worker (Click For Details)
Position: Transitional Living for Boys – Direct Care Worker
Position Summary: Work as relief staff to provide oversight and direct care to boys ages 15-18. Will help to develop a nurturing structured environment to meet the physical, developmental, emotional and independent life skills needs of residents in care.
- High School diploma
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to maintain a level of energy to encourage recreational activities
- Must have computer skills in order to use case management specific software
- Experience in child care related areas working with emotionally traumatized children is preferred by not required.
Physical Requirements: Position requires 50 pounds maximum weight to lift and carry. Position also requires reaching, bending, stooping, and handling objects with hands and/or fingers, talking and/or hearing, and seeing.
Child Care Worker (Click For Details)
Position: Child Care Worker
Position Purpose:Provide direct care, work with the treatment team, and implement programs designed to meet the physical, developmental, and emotional needs of children.
- High School Diploma or GED with at least two years of college with one year of experience with emotionally troubled children.
Case Manager - Campus Care and Foster Care (Click For Details)
Position: Case Manager – Campus Care and Foster Care
Position Purpose: Case manager will assess and identify the special needs of children, develop and implement individualized service treatment plans, and make referrals to appropriate resources.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or other related human services field.
- Minimum of two years of child care related areas, either through employment experience or practicum placements while in undergraduate program.
Apply below or in-person at: 4404 Idalou Road, Lubbock, TX
Qualified Candidates must:
- Be at least 21 years of age (per State contract requirements)
- Meet licensing standards in regard to drug testing, a physical, tuberculosis screening, fingerprinting/criminal background check.
To complete the application process, you must download and complete the pre-employment affidavit. Once the form is complete, email it to Debbie Sanchez at [email protected] or fax to 806-767-0571 or mail it to P.O. Box 2824, Lubbock, TX 79408.
Full-Time employees are eligible for medical coverage options, dental, EAP, life and long term disability, 401(k), paid holidays, paid time off for vacation and sick, wellness, self-care, and recognition programs.
Thank you for interest in employment opportunities with The Children’s Home of Lubbock.
“Manifesting Christ through excellence in child care.”
“Working in creative collaboration to provide quality care that transforms the lives of at-risk children and their families through the active compassion of Christ.”
4404 Idalou Rd.
Lubbock, TX 79403
The Children’s Home of Lubbock
P.O. Box 2824
Lubbock, TX 79408