Children’s Home of Lubbock’s mission is to care for children and families in crisis.
The campus, like any small community, has numerous jobs that must be done to keep things running smoothly. Volunteers and volunteer groups assist with daily tasks, special events, big projects, or by simply giving extra attention to the children. This is accomplished through hands-on work, prayers for our children, charity drives or other financial support. Won’t you consider bringing a group to help serve the children, and let them see the love of God through your acts of kindness?
What You Can Do
- Plan a party or special play day for the children.
- Help with holiday celebrations on campus.
- Assist with homework help and tutoring after school.
- Help with workday projects including yard-work, work on the farm, cleaning or painting.
- Sponsor a collection drive or coordinate fundraising at your church.
- Assist with fundraisers and special events on campus.
- Assist with the summer program, particularly for younger children.
- Talk to us about your own ideas of ways to serve our children.
- Provide desserts for all of the cottages.
- Sponsor a cottage for birthday celebrations for a year.
- Sponsor kids for camps or other youth activities.
- Sponsor a cottage for Christmas.
- Sponsor a trip to your community or host a cottage vacation.
- Support our efforts to find Christian families to foster or adopt children in need.
Who Can Serve?
Any age group is welcome. Keep in mind that children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by adults. We try to limit the size of groups that work directly with the children to a number that does not overwhelm them. Larger groups may be asked to do large physical projects or may be divided into smaller work assignments.
How about Mission Trips or Extended Stays?
Groups that want to provide on-going service for a several days or a week are welcomed! Remember that, since we don’t have space to accommodate overnight stays, groups from outside the local area will be required to secure their own housing off-campus.
NEED MORE INFORMATION? CONTACT THE VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR
Emma Wood (ext 211)
Want to Know More?
Children’s Home of Lubbock is located one mile outside the east loop, on the Idalou Highway (Highway 62/82).
Visitors are always welcome. We encourage you to call ahead to arrange a tour of the campus.
Director of Development
806-762-0481 ext 206
Manifesting Christ through excellence in childcare.